Dales Marine Services is a well-established and successful local and national Ship Repair, Fabrication and Engineering service provider for the off and on shore energy, aquaculture, shipping, chemical, and power generation industries.
Due to continued growth, expansion, and long-term contracts we are looking to add to our skilled team of employees.
Career advancement, good working conditions and competitive rates of pay, are offered along with additional overtime, and weekend working paid at premium rates that will considerable enhance the starting £40,540 per annum salary.
A great opportunity to progress your career in a fast paced and diverse industry with this fulltime position.
Required for our busy Greenock dry dock and fabrication facility.
Dry Dock Master
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager. Experience in ship repair, welding and fabrication background is essential.
The successfully candidate should ideally meet the following scope: -
Position would suit a candidate with experience/career/background in the dry docking of ships and vessels, some joinery experience would also be benificial.
- To be the company’s responsible person for all aspects of the dock usage
- To study vessel docking plans and set out dock blocks in preparation of vessels docking
- To meet with vessel master and crew to ensure they know the requirements for their vessel docking
- Control and direct the squad assigned to docking any vessel so that the work is carried out correctly and safely
- To ensure that all vessels are correctly secured and shored in a professional and safe manner once in the dock
- To ensure that the structure of the dock, its associated pumping systems and the vessel support blocks are maintained
- To perform Gas Free testing and certification of tanks and enclosed Spaces
- Must be willing to travel to Company’s other facilities around Scotland to carry out similar work
- 25 Days holiday per year, plus an additional 9 local and public holidays
- Additional leave
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Company Dental plan
- Company Optical plan
- On-site parking
- Relocation assistance
To apply for the position, please submit a copy of your CV along with a covering letter to HR@dalesmarine.co.uk
Or write to:
HR department, Dales Marine Services, 25 York Street, Aberdeen, AB11 5DP