Dales Marine Services are a well-established and successful local and national Ship Repair, Fabrication and Engineering service provider for the off and on shore oil industry.
Due to continued growth, expansion, and the awarding of new contracts we are looking to add to our skilled team of employees.
Career advancement, good working conditions and competitive rates of pay, are offered along with additional overtime, and weekend working.
A great opportunity to progress your career in a fast paced and diverse industry with this fulltime position.
Required for our busy Aberdeen dry dock and fabrication facility.
Must have experience in pricing and estimation of small to medium sized work task and fabrication projects.
The position may suit a fabrication workshop or ship repair foreman/supervisor looking to progress into an office-based position.
Reporting directly to the Company CEO and Project Manager . Experience in ship repair, welding and fabrication background is essential.
The successfully candidate should ideally meet the following scope: -
- Have a full clean UK driving license.
- Must be computer literate.
- Have the right to work in the UK if not already a UK resident.
- Have good written and spoken English, some understanding of other languages would be advantageous.
- Be able to work in a busy and challenging repair shipyard/ dry dock environment in a hands-on position.
- Weekday overtime and weekend working during the yard’s normal hours of operation.
- Be willing to travel and carry out similar tasks at other yards operated by the company or to remote locations dictated by the customer.
- Read complex engineering drawings.
- Compile, complete and present estimates to clients.
- Agree contract/project objectives and scopes of work with client.
- Be able to supervise large squads of multiple trades in the completion of complex scopes of repair works including steelwork, piping & general engineering. While also organising, various sub-contractors carrying out on site works.
- Understand other trades within the ship repair environment such as outfitting, painting, engines, hydraulics and electrical as these can often form minor parts of the project scopes.
- Ensure project time and budget requirements are met.
- Be able to produce completed project reports in different formats.
- Can understand pricing structures and price scopes of work in the required formats.
- Liaise with the customer to find solutions to problems within the time constraints of the refit periods.
- Have a high H&S ethic which would be levied onto those you work with.
- Have a proven track record and be able to provide references.
- 25 days holiday per year plus an additional 9 local/public holidays.
- Vehicle allowance.
- a company pension.
- Health care plan with added dental and optical benefits.
- Company life assurance
- Free on-site parking.
- will be provided as part of the package.
To apply for the above position, please submit a copy of your CV along with a covering letter and a minimum of 2 references to:
Or write to: HR department, Dales Marine Services, 25 York Street, Aberdeen, AB11 5DP