Human Resources Coordinator
Dales Marine Services is an established and successful local and national Ship Repair, Fabrication and Engineering service provider for the offshore oil & gas and marine industry. Currently operating across five facilities in Aberdeen, Leith, Greenock, Troon, and Grangemouth we provide best in class services to our clients on both the East and West Coast of Scotland.
Having grown over recent years and with ambitions to continue to grow the business, we are looking for an Human Resources Coordinator to support our plans.
This position is based at our Leith facility but will have a requirement to attend other sites in Aberdeen and Greenock on a regular basis. Reporting to the company HR/QHSE Manager.
The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of Human Resources as well as general administrative responsibilities. They should be driven individual with the ability to work on their own and as part of a larger team, be efficient, professional, and approachable.
- Experience in a similar HR Administration/Management role
- Competency in the use of Microsoft suite (excel, word etc)
- Good understanding of GDPR regulations and ability to translate into daily working practices
- Good written and oral communication skills, with ability to interact with a range of stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive personal data
- Demonstrable professional approach with the ability to work quickly, flexibly, and accurately in a dynamic, and changing environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail in all work
- Experience in conducting appraisals and providing appraisal feedback to employees
- Must hold a full driving licence and be available and wiling to travel across all company sites in Scotland.
- Act as the first point of contact for all HR related queries from employees and line managers over the telephone, by email and face-to-face
- Draft and issue contracts for staff using existing templates
- Monitoring of Probation periods
- Provide advice and guidance on contractual queries, including annual leave entitlement, sickness absence etc
- Calculate and advise on leave entitlement
- First level employee relations support, dealing with minor grievances and disciplinary procedures or discussions with managers and employees where appropriate
- Work with managers and occupational health on any long-term health cases
- Support with reviewing HR processes to ensure they are as efficient as possible
- Ensuring that the company HR database is kept up to date with salary changes, promotions, leavers, terminations etc
- Recruitment – posting job adverts via company marketing department, reviewing candidates’ applications, and forwarding to managers, arranging interviews for managers, and sitting in on interviews where appropriate. Providing feedback to candidates; making offers to successful candidates and issuing new hire paperwork
- Coordinating employee training and development programs, including scheduling and tracking attendance
- Maintaining employee records and ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and policies
- Assisting in company appraisal process providing written and verbal feedback to employees as required
- Organising and overseeing company occupational health checks and drug testing.
- 25 days holiday per year plus an additional 9 local/public holidays, a company pension
- Health care plan with added dental and optical benefits
- Company life assurance
- Free on-site parking will be provided as part of the package
To apply for the above position, please submit a copy of your CV along with a covering letter and a minimum of 2 references to:
Or write to: HR department, Dales Marine Services, 25 York Street, Aberdeen, AB11 5DP