Dales Marine Services (Greenock) Ltd is currently looking for an Experienced machinist for our busy dry dock.
Candidates must be flexible to undertake tasks across any trade discipline as required. Should have a good understanding of all manual machining equipment and be able to work under their own supervision or as part of a team to provide a high-quality service to meet customer expectations.
Must be competent in the following equipment and processes: -
- Operation of large, manual machine tools such as Vertical Borers, Horizontal Borers, Lathes and milling machines,
- Machining of items during the repair process or manufacture of new items
- Capability of cutting internal and external threads.
- Accurately reading engineering drawings and written instruction
- Usage of measurement equipment such as micrometres and verniers.
Other requirements: -
- Must be willing to work regular overtime and weekends as required.
- Be willing to travel and carry out similar tasks at other yards operated by the company if required.
- Have a full clean UK driving licence.
Dales Marine Services (Greenock) Ltd provide excellent rates of pay well above average for the area.
To apply for the above position, please submit a copy of your CV along
with a covering letter and references to HR@dalesmarine.co.uk or write to:
HR department, Dales Marine Services, 25 York Street, Aberdeen, AB11 5DP