We are currently looking to recruit the following position: -
Project Engineer - Aberdeen
Reporting directly to the Yard Operations Manager. Experience in ship repair, welding and fabrication background is essential. The successfully candidate should ideally meet the following scope: -
- Have a full clean UK driving license.
- Must be computer literate.
- Have the right to work in the UK if not already a UK resident.
- Have good written and spoken English, some understanding of other languages would be advantageous.
- Be able to work in a busy and challenging repair shipyard/ dry dock environment in a hands-on position.
- Weekday overtime and weekend working during the yard’s normal hours of operation.
- Be willing to travel and carry out similar tasks at other yards operated by the company or to remote locations dictated by the customer.
- Be able to supervise large squads of multiple trades in the completion of complex scopes of repair works including steelwork, piping & general engineering. While also organising various sub-contractors carrying out on site works.
- Understand other trades within the ship repair environment such as outfitting, painting, engines, hydraulics and electrical as these can often form minor parts of the project scopes.
- Read complex engineering drawings.
- Agree contract/project objectives and scopes of work with client.
- Compile, complete and present estimates to clients.
- Ensure project time and budget requirements are met.
- Be able to produce completed project reports in different formats.
- Can understand pricing structures and price scopes of work in the required formats.
- Liaise with the customer to find solutions to problems within the time constraints of the refit periods.
- Have a high H&S ethic which would be levied onto those you work with.
- Have a proven track record and be able to provide references.
Dales Marine Services Ltd provide excellent rates of pay well above average for the area.
A mobile phone and company van will be provided as part of the package.
To apply for the above position, please submit a copy of your CV along with a covering letter and a minimum of 2 references to: HR@dalesmarine.co.uk or write to:
HR department, Dales Marine Services, 25 York Street, Aberdeen, AB11 5DP