- 216te total steel requirement to create 6 x 36te clump weights
- Weights created using stacks of 100mm plate, round bar pints and box section
- All steel supplied in 3 loads over a 14 day period - load restrictions due to weight
- Fabricated in Aberdeen workshop and shipped directly to quayside adjacent our workshop.
- 12te forklift was used to stack plates as overhead cranes were limited due to weight.
- Although not a complicated scope of work, careful planning was required due to the size and weight of weights.
- Anodes were fitted to the weights for subsea protection.
- Using skates, the weights were rolled out of the workshop where they were loaded onto awaiting trucks to transport them 200 yards to quayside.
- Dales utilised their own mobile cranes to carry this out.
NDT & Paint
- All welds were 100% MPI and pad eyes were 100% UT.
- Pad eyes were individually jack tested and proved acceptable for use.
- Due to clients time restraints the weights were mechanically prepped
- onsite then coated with primer then 2 coats of white paint.
- Utilising special heavy duty low loaders we delivered each subsea clump weight 200 yards from our workshop to the deep water quay in Aberdeen.
- Clients vessel crane lifted each weight onto deck ready for shipping offshore.
- This was repeated 5 times and complete in 12hr.