Isle of Arran docks for annual overhaul
Isle of Arran, owned and operated by Caledonian MacBrayne, is a RORO vehicle and passenger ferry built by Fergusons of Port Glasgow in 1984. The 85m x 16m and 3269 GRT vessel, docked at Greenock over 15 days for its annual overhaul.
During its time at dock, the Isle of Arran’s port 8MB275 diesel engine underwent a full overhaul, and its alternator was removed and overhauled also. Its coolers were ultrasonically cleaned and its sewage tanks were removed and replaced.
Further work included:
- Hull HP wash and full system coat
- Bow ramp hinges and pin renewed
- Steelwork and pipework repairs
- Valve overhaul
- Hydraulic repairs
- Deck screed renewed
- Servicing of lifeboat and davits
- CCP electrical upgrade assistance