Isle of Lewis - Caledonian MacBrayne Passenger Ferry docks in Aberdeen
MV Isle of Lewis is a Western Isles passenger ferry which sails between Oban to Castlebay, and also carries out routes from Ullapool to Stornoway.
The vessel has been in dry dock in Aberdeen undergoing her annual refit.
During the overhaul works include:
· Main engine and machinery overhauls
· Propulsion overhauls
· Tank surveys
· Abrasive blasting of tanks
· Followed by:
· Reapplication of specialist coatings
· Re-chlorination of fresh water tanks
· Accommodation upgrades and window replacements
· General steelwork repairs and modifications
· RoRo ramps and rescue boat davit inspections
The Isle of Lewis will be treated to a high pressure wash down followed by a fresh coat of paint in the renowned CalMac brand colours of black, white and red.
The vessel departs from Aberdeen dry dock on Friday 3rd February on schedule and will return to Oban on Sunday to resume her daily sailings.