Loch Shira Eleven Day Overhaul
The Loch Shira is a RoRo passenger and vehicle ferry owned by CMAL and operated by CalMac.
She was completed in 2007 to serve the busy Clyde crossing at Largs to Cumbrae by Ferguson Shipbuilders of Port Glasgow.
Measuring 54m long, 14m beam and 1024GRT and can carry 250 passengers and 36 cars, the Loch Shira docked at Garvel for 11 days for her annual overhaul.
· Hull valve overhaul
· Vehicle ramp steelwork repairs and hinge arrangement inspected and repaired
· Tank cleaning and certification
· Hull HP wash and paint
· Vehicle decks and superstructure painted
· Forward main engine overhauled
· Coolers removed for ultrasonic cleaning and testing
· All safety equipment removed for annual certification